Clad in shining steel of dwarven make, Argendauss Donderrion battles the forces of Isengard with fercocity. No sight inspires the warriors of the free peoples more than a Captain inflicting blunt-force-trauma with a massive Greathammer to the minions of evil. "To Arms, my Blade-Brothers!"
Every single captain in Moria had an outfit using this armor. It just looks so good. Most of the clever ones included this very helm. That's unfortunately made this armor a rather common sight (something I like to steer clear of if I can). However, this outfit quickly grew to be my favorite again when I realized that the hunter Helegrod spaulders have this great shiny steel coloring when dyed white. Yet I've never seen them paired with the Hall-general's armor. On the shoulder pieces, the tones of light grey fading into dark grey pracically mirror those of the Hall-General cuirass and tassets, and the prominent gold accents fit well. The gauntlets were the hardest part of this outfit for me, and I had to decide between the Helegrod guardian gauntlets, with their perfectly matching tones of grey, and the Helegrod champ gauntlets, who's bulk and design I am in love with. I did what any real man would do and picked the gauntlets that looked as if they were sharp, deadly weapons.
That's right Concorde, hold the line while I get this in-combat shot. Sorry I didn't equip Loyalty for you or buff you. Your sacrifice was not in vain, and I shall tell the masses of the internet of your valor. Or at least the few that will view this blog.
- Head: Helm of Peace (white dye); world drop
- Shoulders: Shoulders of the Aurochs (white dye); Helegrod hunter set
- Back: Cloak of the Mallorn (white dye); LotRO store
- Chest: Hall-general's Armor (white dye); Moria captain barter
- Hands: Dragon-scale Gloves (white dye); Helegrod champion set
- Legs: Hall-general's Leggings (white dye); Moria captain barter
- Feet: Hall-general's Boots (white dye); Moria captain barter