Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Upcoming Series

Hello!

I have an idea for an outfit series that I will show here on Plate Metal Jacket during the rest of the time preceding the launch of Riders of Rohan. I want to clad my three highest level characters Argendauss (CPT), Rechart (WDN), and Metaxas (LM) in a green Rohirric theme, with some intention to make them look good on the only (future) warhorse cosmetic I currently have:  the Steed of the Eastemnet.


So in this three-part series I'm going to outfit my Captain, my Warden, and my LM. Besides adhering to the green Rohirrim theme, I have a few other self-made rules I want to follow in this endeavor. I'll list them all out here:
  1. Green (as mentioned)
  2. Rohirric (as mentioned)
  3. I want each character to use a specific chestpiece that I think fits their armor class.
    1. Argendauss the Captain will use the heavy Hauberk of the Eastemnet (pictured above)
    2. Rechart the Warden will use the medium Hauberk of Eorlingas (green RoI preorder)
    3. Metaxas the Loremaster will use the Rohirrim Tunic & Pants from Stangard
  4. I want to retain a class feel for each outfit.
  5. Most importantly, these outfits should have a good degree of uniqueness to them.
Please tune in during the upcoming weeks to see the results (I haven't completed any of these outfits at the time of writing this). I hope you enjoy what I come up with!

Ride forth!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! I tinker around with Rohan-style outfits from time to time, but somehow I always feel a bit dissatisfied with the results. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I'm curious what you come up with. Lore-wise my captain comes from Rohan, and I'm always looking for outfits to fit her. That said, they might look much different on female than on male. Either way, I was trying to say that I'm looking forward to your results. :)

    ReplyDelete