Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Featured on LotRO Reporter

I've been a listener to LotRO Reporter for a while, and Tuesday I got a chance to appear on it. I'd seen on Tuesday of this past week that Turbine had taken Fornost Earth offline, and I'd known exactly why. I tried to get a hold of my buddy Layanor before the show and ended up saying my piece in LotRO Reporter's vent channel. Fun times!
I appear around 8:05 in the podcast. Note that I was intoxicated at the time and my speech was deliberately set at a slow and plodding pace so I didn't fuck it all up, heh. To be clear, a RSoE every 3-5 minutes meant three challenge completions within that timeframe. In the very last bit I must've been responding to something in chat--totally did a 180 in the middle of a sentence.
My... sources tell me that players who farmed Fornost Earth challenge (done by resetting the fight after the boss was killed but before adds were killed) were not rolled back or banned. Turbine's problem, and Turbine did right by taking the Instance down, probably until U9.

2 comments:

  1. I was far too lazy to log on to Brandywine and I figured that my reply on Crickhollow could go unnoticed for a long time, so: thank you for the warning about The Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. Yeah Gandalf was basically like, "Here's Dwalin and Balin, Fili and Kili, and that's the rest of the dorfs. Oh and there's Thorin." Bombur was unmistakeable, Gloin revealed himself later, but the rest of the dudes got skimmed over. Drove me up the wall! Glad you likely avoided that

      Delete